Chinese Jets Intercept US Surveillance Plane: US Officials
Two Chinese fighter jets carried out an intercept of a U.S. military surveillance plane near Hong Kong on Wednesday, with one coming within 200 yards of the American aircraft, U.S. officials told Reuters.
File photo of Chinese flag.
Washington: Two Chinese fighter jets carried out an intercept of a U.S. military surveillance plane near Hong Kong on Wednesday, with one coming within 200 yards of the American aircraft, U.S. officials told Reuters.
The officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said initial reports showed that the U.S. P-3 surveillance plane was 150 miles South
East of Hong Kong in international air space when the aircraft carried out an unsafe intercept of the plane. One Chinese aircraft flew in front of the American plane, restricting it's ability to maneuver.
A U.S. Navy warship sailed within 12 nautical miles of an artificial island built up by China in the South China Sea, U.S. officials said on Wednesday, the first such challenge to Beijing in the strategic waterway since U.S. President Donald Trump took office.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Adchithooku: Dale Steyn Asks Twitter What's Up, Gets Bowled Over by Tamil Film Song Promos
- Australian Midwife Earns Over 7 Lakh a Year Selling Placenta Smoothies and Keepsakes
- Playing Top Asian Sides Key for India, Says Captain Sunil Chhetri
- EXCLUSIVE | Haven’t Closed Communication Channels with Mithali: Powar
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Actor Parul Chauhan is Now Married! Check Out the First Photos of the Newlyweds
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s