CIA Establishes Unit Focused on North Korea Threat
The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has established a special unit to keep tabs on the nuclear and ballistic missile threat posed by North Korea.
The lobby of the CIA Headquarters Building in Langley, Virginia (REUTERS)
Washington: The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has established a special unit to keep tabs on the nuclear and ballistic missile threat posed by North Korea.
The Korea Mission Center would harness resources, capabilities, and authorities of the agency in addressing the challenges being posed by the North Korean regime, CIA Director Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday.
"Creating the Korea Mission Center allows us to more purposefully integrate and direct CIA efforts against the serious threats to the United States and its allies emanating from North Korea," he said.
It also reflects the dynamism and agility that CIA brings to evolving national security challenges, he added.
A veteran CIA operations officer has been selected as the new Assistant Director for Korea and will preside over the Mission Center, an official release said.
The new unit will work closely with the US intelligence and national security community.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- None of the Avengers Can Beat Thanos' Hilarious #10YearChallenge, See Post
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2019: No cost EMI, Exchange Offers, Instant Discount on Phones, TVs, Laptops And More
- World's Cutest Dog Boo Dies of Heart Break, Take a Look at His Cutest Moments
- Super Over Thriller, Stunning Last Ball Catch Decide WBBL Finalists
- Ryan 'Deadpool' Reynolds' #10YearChallenge For Hugh Jackman as Wolverine Will Break Your Heart
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s