Conservative Lawmakers Trigger No Confidence Vote in UK PM Theresa May's Leadership
A ballot will be held on Wednesday in the House of Commons and an announcement made as soon as possible afterwards.
File photo of Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May. (Reuters)
London: Lawmakers in Prime Minister Theresa May's Conservative Party triggered a vote of no confidence in her leadership on Wednesday as Britain's planned divorce from the European Union was plunged into chaos.
Graham Brady, chairman of the party's so-called 1922 committee, said the threshold for a vote had been exceeded.
A ballot will be held on Wednesday in the House of Commons and an announcement made as soon as possible afterwards, he said.
Recommended For You
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- Oppo to Launch World's First In-Display Camera Phone Tomorrow
- Over 200 Million Wi-Fi Enabled Devices Sold in India in 2018, Claims Report
- US Firm States State-Sponsored Chinese Hackers May Have Breached Major Global Telcos
- All About IAF Mirage-2000 Fighter Jet: India's Hero in Kargil War 20 Years Ago and Now at Balakot
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s