Death Toll From Attack In Western Ethiopia Reaches 222, Red Cross Says
ADDIS ABABA: The death toll from a Wednesday attack in the western Benishangul-Gumuz region of Ethiopia has risen to 222 people, a volunteer from the country’s Red Cross told Reuters on Friday.
“Yesterday we buried 207 people who are the victims and 15 more from the attackers,” said the volunteer, Melese Mesfin.
The attack occurred in the village of Bekoji in Bulen county in the Metekel zone, and the state-appointed Ethiopian Human Rights Commission initially estimated more than 100 people had been killed.
Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor