Death Toll in Nigeria Boko Haram Attack Touches 65, Says Official
Dozens more bodies were found following the assault on Saturday by gunmen on a village close to the regional capital Maiduguri.
Gajiram: An attack by Boko Haram fighters on a funeral in northeast Nigeria left 65 people dead, almost triple the initial toll, a local official said on Sunday.
Dozens more bodies were found following the assault on Saturday by gunmen on a village close to the regional capital Maiduguri. "It is 65 people dead and 10 injured," local government chairman Muhammed Bulama said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Couple Find Their Woodstock Photo 50 Years after Iconic Festival
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead