2020 Hopeful Kamala Harris, a Democrat, Says She Owns Gun for Personal Safety
Kamal Harris says she supports 'smart gun-safety laws,' such as universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons.
File photo of Kamala Harris (REUTERS)
Des Moines: Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris says she owns a gun and called it a "false choice" that the only two gun control options are complete, unrestricted access or a desire to seize everyone's guns.
The senator from California told reporters after a campaign event in Iowa that she is a gun owner. She says, "I own a gun for probably the reason that a lot of people do: for personal safety."
The 2020 White House hopeful says that Americans "are being offered a false choice, which suggests you're either in favour of the Second Amendment or you want to take everyone's guns away."
She says she supports "smart gun-safety laws," such as universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Sophie Turner Dances Arm in Arm with Priyanka Chopra's Mother at Jonas Brothers Concert
- Ira Khan Shares Romantic Pic With Boyfriend Mishaal, But Her Caption Spark Concern Among Netizens
- Woman, Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral, Records Song for Himesh Reshammiya
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones