Doctor Who Spiked Girlfriend's Drink with Abortion Drug Sentenced to 3 years in Jail
Imran received a 20-year sentence Friday with all but three years suspended. He has lost his medical license and faces deportation to Pakistan after he serves his term.
Representative Image (Courtesy: AFP Relaxnews)
ARLINGTON, Va.: A physician who spiked his girlfriend’s drink with medication to induce an abortion has been sentenced to three years in prison.
Sikander Imran was arrested last year and pleaded guilty earlier this year to fetal homicide in Arlington County, Virginia.
WJLA-TV in Washington reports that Imran received a 20-year sentence Friday with all but three years suspended. He has lost his medical license and faces deportation to Pakistan after he serves his term.
The station reports that the victim, Brooke Fiske, had been dating Imran and was 17 weeks pregnant when she went to visit him to discuss raising the child.
Imran admitted slipping an abortion pill into her tea. She had a miscarriage within hours.
Fiske asked the judge to grant some leniency to Imran at Friday’s sentencing hearing.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Neha Kakkar Gets Emotional After Hearing Indian Idol Contestant's Story
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works