Home » News » World » Dog in UK Undergoes 3-hour Surgery After Eating 30 PPE Gloves
1-MIN READ

Dog in UK Undergoes 3-hour Surgery After Eating 30 PPE Gloves

PTI

Last Updated: May 06, 2021, 23:44 IST

London

Representative Image

Representative Image

The dog's owner kept a box of gloves in his car for work. Rambo must have eaten them while travelling to and from walks, he said.

London: A pet dog in the UK had to undergo a three-hour operation after eating 30 PPE gloves, according to a media report on Thursday. Rambo the Rottweiler was taken to see vets in Wakefield by his owner after he was sick and brought up one of the gloves.

The dog was referred for an endoscopy in Leeds where vets removed a further 29 gloves during the procedure, the BBC reported. The dog’s owner Darren Coyne, who kept a box of gloves in his car for work, said Rambo must have eaten them while travelling to and from walks.

Keith Leonard, who carried out the operation, said though Rambo arrived “seemingly without a care in the world" Coyne’s quick thinking had “saved his life". “Each time we pulled a glove out, we went back to check it was the last one and found another one, it was something we’ve never seen or heard of before," the veterinarian said.

“I can’t thank [the vets] enough for how they helped Rambo, particularly as he seemed to be his normal self and oblivious to the dangerous situation he was in," Coyne said. Rambo was discharged from the pets hospital in Leeds less than 12 hours after arriving and has since made a full recovery, the report said.

Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Telegram.

first published:May 06, 2021, 23:43 IST
last updated:May 06, 2021, 23:44 IST