Donald Trump Denies Giving Turkey's Erdogan 'Green Light' for Syria Invasion
'President Erdogan's decision didn't surprise me because he's wanted to do that for a long time,' Trump told reporters.
File photo of US President Donald Trump.
Washington: President Donald Trump denied on Wednesday that he had given Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan a "green light" to launch operations against Kurdish militants in Syria.
"President Erdogan's decision didn't surprise me because he's wanted to do that for a long time," Trump told reporters. "He's been building up troops on the border with Syria for a long time.
"I didn't give him a green light," Trump said. "Just the opposite of a green light."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine
- Kim Kardashian Shares Pictures of Times She 'Taped up' Her Breasts
- Venice Regional Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change
- Instagram Takes Hide Likes Test Global; Influencers Must be on The Verge of Tears?
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap Crash Out in Second Round