Donald Trump Picks Kevin Hassett as Key Economic Adviser
President Donald Trump has chosen Kevin Hassett, an economics adviser to past Republican presidential candidates, to be chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.
File image of Kevin Hassett. (Image: Getty Images)
Washington: President Donald Trump has chosen Kevin Hassett, an economics adviser to past Republican presidential candidates, to be chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.
It's a critical role for analysing the performance of the economy and impact of policy changes.
He has provided economic advice to the presidential campaigns of John McCain, George W Bush and Mitt Romney.
The CEA has routinely been filled by leading academic economists and was among the most prominent vacant posts during early months of the Trump presidency.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Twitter Reacts to Sri Lanka's Thrilling Durban Victory
- Katy Perry Gets Engaged to Orlando Bloom on Valentine's Day
- Will Smith Is Blown Away By Ranveer Singh's Gully Boy, Posts a Video in Praise of the Actor
- TVS Launches Kargil Edition of Star City+, Tribute to Indian Soldiers
- Messi’s Young Fan From Afghanistan Appeals for Help After Threats from Taliban
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s