Donald Trump Says G7 Summit to be Held at Camp David, Not His Resort
Donald Trump is said to have changed his earlier decision of hosting the G7 summit at his golf resort in Florida after coming under fire.
File photo of President Donald Trump . (Image: AP)
London: US President Donald Trump said Tuesday the G7 summit would be held at his official Camp David residence, having earlier come under fire for choosing his own Florida golf resort.
"We are going to do it at Camp David," Trump told reporters in London ahead of the NATO summit.
Trump had wanted to host next year's June 10 to 12 gathering of the leaders of major economies at the Trump National Doral resort outside Miami, but he backed down in October after he was accused of seeking profit from US diplomacy.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mardaani 2 and Jumanji The Next Level Box Office Day 2: Both Films Record Growth
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- Peeling Back the Days: The Year of the Onion – An Autobiography
- Neymar Hits FC Barcelona With Fresh Lawsuit to Demand Unpaid Wages
- #DogsAtPollingStations: Here's Why UK Voters Turned Up with Pets for Brexit Ballot