Donald Trump to Order Construction of Mexican Border Wall
US President Donald Trump will be ordering the construction of his signature Mexican border wall on Wednesday, a media report said.
US President Donald Trump speaks during his inauguration in Washington (Reuters)
Washington: US President Donald Trump will be ordering the construction of his signature Mexican border wall on Wednesday, a media report said.
White House officials told the New York Times that Trump was during an appearance at the Department of Homeland Security, was expected to sign the executive order -- directing federal funds to be focused on creating the structure.
Building a wall on the Mexican border was one of Trump's biggest promises during his campaign.
He ultimately believes that doing so would put a stop to the influx of illegal immigrants coming into the US. He has already held the "illegal" immigrants responsible for costing him the popular votes.
"Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!" Trump tweeted on Tuesday night.
While the wall would not be completed for quite some time, officials told the Times that the President was also considering a policy that would temporarily stop refugees from coming from Syria, as well as other majority-Muslim nations that were deemed "terror prone".
Recommended For You
- Disheartened by Thugs of Hindostan’s Poor Box Office Run, Exhibitors Demand Refund
- Samsung Galaxy A9 With Four Rear Cameras Launched in India: Price, Specifications And More
- Bigg Boss 12: Karanvir Bohra Feels Left Out after Dipika Kakar, Sreesanth Team Up to Save Themselves From Nominations
- The Big Instagram Purge Begins Against Fake Engagement, But Will You be Impacted by The Changes?
- Ganesh Acharya Responds to Tanushree Dutta’s Allegations, Says She is Doing This to Hide Her Faults