Donald Trump Welcomes China Easing Export Tariffs as 'Big Move'
Beijing spared some US products from tariffs in a move seen as an olive branch ahead of the talks between Top US and Chinese negotiators.
US President Donald Trump speaks to the media about Hurricane Dorian as he returns from Camp David to the White House in Washington on September 1, 2019. (REUTERS/Joshua Roberts)
Washington: US President Donald Trump on Wednesday welcomed China's decision to exempt some US exports from tariff increases.
"It was a big move," Trump told reporters of the decision. Top US and Chinese negotiators are due to resume talks in Washington next month after a summer of sharp deteriorations in US-China trade ties.
Beijing spared some US products from tariffs in a move seen as an olive branch ahead of the talks, but high-profile goods like soybeans and pork continue to face higher duties.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On Aarav's Birthday, Akshay Kumar Says He is Glad to Be on His Son's Speed Dial
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws