Donald Trump's Plan to Fund Border Wall Faces First Legal Test
A federal judge is weighing two cases that challenged the manoeuvre to redirect mostly military-designated funding for wall construction.
File photo of US President Donald Trump. (AP/PTI)
San Francisco: A federal judge is expected to decide Friday whether to block the White House from spending billions of dollars to build a wall on the Mexican border with money secured under President Donald Trump's declaration of a national emergency.
The judge is weighing two cases that challenged the manoeuvre to redirect mostly military-designated funding for wall construction.
California and 19 other states, along with environmentalists, civil liberties groups and communities along the border, are seeking a temporary injunction to halt construction plans.
At stake is billions of dollars that Trump wants for the wall, his signature campaign promise, heading into his campaign for a second term. He declared the emergency in February after losing a fight over fully paying for it that led to a 35-day government
Recommended For You
- CBFC Gives 'A' Rating to Shahid Kapoor's Kabir Singh, Asks to Modify Drug Snorting Scene
- Renault Triber Unveiled in India, Gets 7 Seats and a Modular Cabin
- A Deleted Scene in Game of Thrones has All The Answers About Cersei's Pregnancy
- KTM RC 125 ABS launched at Rs 1.47 Lakh in India
- Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency is Already Facing A Global Financial And Regulatory Pushback
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s