Dorian Weakens to Category 1 Hurricane; Tropical Storm Conditions Spreading, says NHC
Dorian is located about 40 miles (70 km) east-northeast of Wilmington, North Carolina, packing maximum sustained winds of 90 miles per hour (150 km/h), the NHC said.
Hurricane Dorian is viewed from the International Space Station September 1, 2019 (Reuters)
Hurricane Dorian weakened as it brushed North Carolina, but tropical storm conditions are spreading north along the state's coast, the US National Hurricane Center (NHC) said on Friday.
Dorian, now a Category 1 hurricane on the five-step Saffir-Simpson Wind Scale, is located about 40 miles (70 km) east-northeast of Wilmington, North Carolina, packing maximum sustained winds of 90 miles per hour (150 km/h), the NHC said.
The system is presently moving northeast at 15 miles per hour (24 km/h), the Miami-based weather forecaster added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge