Economists Write Letter to Trump Stressing Importance of Immigrants for Economic Growth
Almost 1,500 economists have addressed a letter to President Donald Trump and top congressional leaders stressing the importance of immigrants for economic growth.
File image of US President Donald Trump. (Image: Getty Images)
Washington: Almost 1,500 economists have addressed a letter to President Donald Trump and top congressional leaders stressing the importance of immigrants for economic growth.
The letter sent today notes that immigrants start businesses, are clustered in math, science and engineering and can offset any economic drag from baby boomer retirements.
It notes that "the benefits that immigration brings to society far outweigh their costs, and smart immigration policy could better maximise the benefits of immigration while reducing the costs."
Six Nobel laureates were among the 1,470 economists who signed the letter.
The signees come from across the political spectrum, including Austan Goolsbee, an economic adviser to former President Barack Obama, and Glenn Hubbard, who worked for former President George W Bush.
Recommended For You
- Ananya Panday Turns Into Meme and She's Laughing With Fans
- Period. End of Sentence: Hope the Oscar Nomination Leads to More Awareness and Donations, Says Guneet Monga
- Noida Robbers Get a Taste of Their Own Medicine After Falling From Bike With Stolen Cash
- Instagram Bans Suicidal or Self-Harm Related Content After Outrage Following Death of 14-year-old UK Girl
- Milan Talkies Trailer: Tigmanshu Dhulia Returns to Hinterland, Takes Ali Fazal Along
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s