Ecuador Bus Crash: At least 20 Dead, 17 Injured
At least 20 people died and 17 were injured when a school vehicle collided with a bus in southwestern Ecuador, President Rafael Correa said.
Quito: At least 20 people died and 17 were injured when a school vehicle collided with a bus in southwestern Ecuador, President Rafael Correa said.
"There are 20 people killed... And 17 injured," he said in his weekly address on Saturday.
"We send our solidarity to the families of those killed and injured."
The school vehicle involved in the Friday night accident was carrying no passengers because it was not working a route at the time, a source at the Integrated Security Service, or ECU-911, said.
The agency did not specify how many passengers were travelling on the bus, which belongs to an interprovincial line.
An off-road vehicle was also involved in the crash on the road between the southwestern coastal towns of Yaguachi and Milagro.
Road accidents are one of the leading causes of death in Ecuador.
Recommended For You
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Wins the Weekend Round Against Manto, Earns Rs 23.26 Cr
- AFC U-16 Championship: Niraj Kumar's Heroics Helps India Earn Draw Against Iran
- Toyota Century GRMN Luxury Sedan Spotted, CEO Akio Toyoda Shares Image on Instagram
- Shehla Rashid Started a Twitter Thread on Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder and It's a Must Read
- We Like to Play on Autopilot - Dhawan, Rohit Recall Record Partnership