Ecuador Bus Crash: At least 20 Dead, 17 Injured
At least 20 people died and 17 were injured when a school vehicle collided with a bus in southwestern Ecuador, President Rafael Correa said.
Quito: At least 20 people died and 17 were injured when a school vehicle collided with a bus in southwestern Ecuador, President Rafael Correa said.
"There are 20 people killed... And 17 injured," he said in his weekly address on Saturday.
"We send our solidarity to the families of those killed and injured."
The school vehicle involved in the Friday night accident was carrying no passengers because it was not working a route at the time, a source at the Integrated Security Service, or ECU-911, said.
The agency did not specify how many passengers were travelling on the bus, which belongs to an interprovincial line.
An off-road vehicle was also involved in the crash on the road between the southwestern coastal towns of Yaguachi and Milagro.
Road accidents are one of the leading causes of death in Ecuador.
Recommended For You
- THE TIPPLING POINT | Fungus, the Forgotten Superstar that Defines Your Drink
- Asia Argento Calls Out Weinstein in Cannes Speech: 'This Festival Was His Hunting Ground'
- Oprah, Clooneys, Beckhams, Among VIP Guests at Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding
- OnePlus 6 Avengers Infinity War Edition In Pictures: A Treat For Marvel Fans?
- Twitter Toasts to Pastor Curry for Spicing Up Harry-Meghan Wedding