Ecuador Bus Crash: At least 20 Dead, 17 Injured
At least 20 people died and 17 were injured when a school vehicle collided with a bus in southwestern Ecuador, President Rafael Correa said.
Quito: At least 20 people died and 17 were injured when a school vehicle collided with a bus in southwestern Ecuador, President Rafael Correa said.
"There are 20 people killed... And 17 injured," he said in his weekly address on Saturday.
"We send our solidarity to the families of those killed and injured."
The school vehicle involved in the Friday night accident was carrying no passengers because it was not working a route at the time, a source at the Integrated Security Service, or ECU-911, said.
The agency did not specify how many passengers were travelling on the bus, which belongs to an interprovincial line.
An off-road vehicle was also involved in the crash on the road between the southwestern coastal towns of Yaguachi and Milagro.
Road accidents are one of the leading causes of death in Ecuador.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Priyanka, Nick Return to Mumbai Hand in Hand After a Brief Romantic Getaway, See Pics
- 'Dracula Ant' is Now the World's Fastest Animal, and Truly Deserves its Name
- Google India Year in Search: Actress Priya Varrier Most Searched Personality in 2018
- These Pics Are Proof Suhana Khan Has Begun Working on Her Goal of Becoming an Actor, See Here
- After Google's Date With US Lawmakers, What Lies Ahead for Facebook, Twitter And Other Tech Companies?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s