Eight Dead, One Survivor in Indonesian Plane Crash
The Dimonim Air passenger plane carrying nine people, including a 12-year old child who survived, lost contact with air traffic control on Saturday , was found by local residents in Pegunungan Bintang district.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Jakarta: Indonesian search and rescue teams found eight victims and one survivor after a small plane crashed in the eastern province of Papua, police said on Sunday.
The Dimonim Air passenger plane carrying nine people, including a 12-year old child who survived, lost contact with air traffic control on Saturday afternoon and was later found by local residents in Pegunungan Bintang district.
The child suffered broken bones and was being treated at the local hospital.
Indonesia has a patchy aviation safety record with frequent accidents. An AirAsia flight from Surabaya to Kuala Lumpur crashed in the Java Sea in late 2014, killing all 162 people on board.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right