Eight Dead, One Survivor in Indonesian Plane Crash
The Dimonim Air passenger plane carrying nine people, including a 12-year old child who survived, lost contact with air traffic control on Saturday , was found by local residents in Pegunungan Bintang district.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Jakarta: Indonesian search and rescue teams found eight victims and one survivor after a small plane crashed in the eastern province of Papua, police said on Sunday.
The Dimonim Air passenger plane carrying nine people, including a 12-year old child who survived, lost contact with air traffic control on Saturday afternoon and was later found by local residents in Pegunungan Bintang district.
The child suffered broken bones and was being treated at the local hospital.
Indonesia has a patchy aviation safety record with frequent accidents. An AirAsia flight from Surabaya to Kuala Lumpur crashed in the Java Sea in late 2014, killing all 162 people on board.
Recommended For You
- With Phase 4 Films, Marvel Cinematic Universe is Set to Rule Another Decade in Filmmaking
- It Went Wrong From My End: PV Sindhu Rues Mistakes in Indonesia Open Final Loss to Yamaguchi
- Karan Patel Confirms Quitting Yeh Hai Mohabbatein: I'm Thankful to Ekta for Giving Me Raman Bhalla
- IAF Pilots Could Soon Fly Tom Cruise’s Fighter Jet From Top Gun Maverick
- Dyson Pure Cool Me Review: The Clean Air You Should Have, And The Peace of Mind Which Follows