EU Urges UK to Explain Brexit Plan 'As Soon As Possible'
The statement comes after UK Parliament voted on Saturday to postpone a vote on Johnson's Brexit deal.
(Representative image: Reuters)
Brussels: The European Commission urged Prime Minister Boris Johnson's British government on Saturday to quickly explain how it wants to proceed with Brexit preparations after losing another parliamentary vote.
Spokeswoman Mina Andreeva said Brussels "takes note of the vote in the House of Commons today on the so-called Letwin Amendment meaning that the Withdrawal Agreement itself was not put to vote today.
"It will be for the UK government to inform us about the next steps as soon as possible," she tweeted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Video of Shahid Kapoor Hitting 6 During Jersey Preparation Gets Loudest Cheer from Ishaan Khatter
- Kamya Panjabi to Get Married in Feb 2020, Announces Date with Picture of ‘Favourite Man’
- WhatsApp Updates: Wait For Dark Mode Continues, And Here is Everything Else on The Agenda
- Lenovo IdeaPad S540 Review: If You Don’t Like Compromises, You Will Love This
- Bollywood Actor John Abraham Gives a Sneak-Peak of his Motorcycle Loaded Garage