Fifth Person Dies from Wounds Suffered in Chicago Apartment Shooting
Police say a 67-year-old man went into a neighbour's apartment Saturday evening, fatally shooting four people as they ate dinner.
Chicago: A fifth person has died from wounds suffered in a shooting at an apartment building on Chicago's Northwest Side.
Police say a 67-year-old man went into a neighbour's apartment Saturday evening, fatally shooting four people as they ate dinner. They say the suspect then went to a unit on the floor above and shot another woman, who died of her injuries Sunday.
The suspected gunman has not yet been identified or charged as of Sunday afternoon. He was taken into custody shortly after the shooting.
First Deputy Supt Antony Riccio says the man had a history of issues with his neighbours but investigators "don't know what set him off."
Riccio says it's not clear how the suspect was able to enter the apartments but there was no sign of forced entry.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes Passionately Kiss at LA Clippers Game
- Tesla Unveils First Made-in-China Model 3 Sedan From Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai
- Homophobic India? Survey Finds 56 Percent Respondents Would Refuse Organ from LGBTQ Donor
- Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor Party with Lal Singh Chaddha Team, See Pics
- Adidas Gives up on Robot Factories And Wants Humans in Asia to Make More Shoes