Fight Between Families At Child's Birthday Party Turns Into Deadly Shootout; Four Killed
Police said an altercation between two families attending the party escalated into a deadly shooting.
Representative Images. (Getty Images)
Taft: Investigators say a party in South Texas in the United States to mark a toddler's first birthday erupted in gunfire, leaving four men dead and a fifth man wounded.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the shooting happened shortly after 5pm Saturday in Taft, 12 miles (19 kilometers) north of Corpus Christi. Sgt Nathan Brandley says an altercation erupted between two families attending the party and escalated into a deadly shooting.
Brandley said the wounded man was airlifted to a Corpus Christi hospital. His condition wasn't clear.
Brandley said two suspects are on the loose. No identities or other details have been released.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- Suhana Khan's Brother Aryan Parties with Ananya Panday and Friends, See Pics
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships