1-MIN READ

Fire That Tore Through Rachel Ray's House Started In Chimney

Fire That Tore Through Rachel Ray's House Started In Chimney

A fire that tore through celebrity chef Rachel Ray's upstate New York home started in a fireplace chimney, state officials said Friday.

LAKE LUZERNE, N.Y.: A fire that tore through celebrity chef Rachael Ray’s upstate New York home started in a fireplace chimney, state officials said Friday.

The state Office of Fire Prevention and Control said the August 9 fire at the house in Lake Luzerne, N.Y., was accidental.

The blaze sent flames through the roof of the home, at the end of a private drive in a rural area about 60 miles (97 kilometers) north of Albany, New York.

More than a dozen local fire departments worked to put out the flames. No firefighters or anyone from the household was injured.

Ray had been filming two days a week from her home since April, with her husband working as the show’s cameraman and producer.

___

This story has been corrected to show Ray’s first name is spelled Rachael, not Rachel.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

  • Tags:
  • First Published: August 22, 2020, 3:19 AM IST
Next Story
Loading