Five Al-Qaeda & Taliban Terrorists Killed by Security Forces in Pakistan's Punjab
Five Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists, who were plotting to target security agencies and important buildings, were on Thursday killed by security forces in Pakistan's Punjab province.
Representative Image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Lahore: Five Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists, who were plotting to target security agencies and important buildings, were on Thursday killed by security forces in Pakistan's Punjab province.
According to the Counter Terrorism Department of Punjab Police, security forces received information that around eight terrorists were hiding in a house at Gunjah in Gujrat district, some 150 km from Lahore, and were planning to commit major terror strikes in Gujrat and Kharian.
"A CTD team along with police raided the hideout of the terrorists in the wee hours today and challenged them to surrender but were fired upon. The raiding team returned fire and killed five terrorists. Three managed to escape taking advantage of darkness," a CTD spokesman said
The terrorists belonged to the Al-Qaeda and Tahreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and were plotting to target security and law enforcement agencies and important buildings, he said.
The CTD has recovered a large number of weapons, including hand grenades and explosive material, from the site.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 12: Karanvir Apologies to Salman After Teejay Took Dig at the Actor in Open Letter
- Alyque Padamsee, Ad Man & Thespian, Passes Away at 90; PM Modi and Nation Mourn
- Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Review: Rami Malek Effectively Captures Freddie Mercury's Pain
- Watch Makeup Artist Behind James Cameron's Avatar Turn Akshay Kumar into Beast for 2.0
- Here's Everything About the Food Served at Deepika & Ranveer's Konkani-Sindhi Wedding