Five Al-Qaeda & Taliban Terrorists Killed by Security Forces in Pakistan's Punjab
Five Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists, who were plotting to target security agencies and important buildings, were on Thursday killed by security forces in Pakistan's Punjab province.
Representative Image. (Getty Images)
Lahore: Five Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists, who were plotting to target security agencies and important buildings, were on Thursday killed by security forces in Pakistan's Punjab province.
According to the Counter Terrorism Department of Punjab Police, security forces received information that around eight terrorists were hiding in a house at Gunjah in Gujrat district, some 150 km from Lahore, and were planning to commit major terror strikes in Gujrat and Kharian.
"A CTD team along with police raided the hideout of the terrorists in the wee hours today and challenged them to surrender but were fired upon. The raiding team returned fire and killed five terrorists. Three managed to escape taking advantage of darkness," a CTD spokesman said
The terrorists belonged to the Al-Qaeda and Tahreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and were plotting to target security and law enforcement agencies and important buildings, he said.
The CTD has recovered a large number of weapons, including hand grenades and explosive material, from the site.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead