Five Killed, 13 Injured in Blast Outside IGP Office in Pak’s Quetta
A blast on Friday in the southwestern Pakistani city of Quetta, capital of the country's Baluchistan province, has left at least five people dead, said a police official.
Picture for Representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Quetta:A blast on Friday in the southwestern Pakistani city of Quetta, capital of the country's Baluchistan province, has killed at least five people, said a police official.
"The blast took place near the IG office (inspector general of police) and it's possible the assailants were trying to enter the (army) cantonment which is close by," said provincial government spokesman Anwar ul-Haq Kakar.
TV footage showed several badly damaged cars and a road littered with broken glass. No one has claimed responsibility.
Pakistani Taliban and Islamic militants have previously targeted the province, which for over a decade has been the scene of a low-intensity insurgency by nationalist and separatist groups demanding a bigger share of regional resources.
(Inputs from Agencies)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year