Five Killed After Shooter Opens Fire in China's Inner Mongolia: Police
The accused, wounded in the incident, has been arrested and bullets have been seized from his possession.
Beijing: A person wielding a gun killed five people in northern China before being arrested by police, local authorities said Monday.
Police seized bullets from the suspect, who was wounded in the incident, said local officials from Kailu district in Tongliao -- a city in northern China's Inner Mongolia region -- citing a police statement.
The shooting happened at around 3.30pm (0730 GMT) and the case is under investigation, according to a statement posted on the local government's official Twitter-like Weibo account.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria