French President Macron Announces Separate Meetings at UN with Trump, Rouhani
French President Emmanuel Macron announced separate meetings with counterparts Donald Trump and Iran's Hassan Rouhani as he tries to engineer a meeting between the two on the sidelines of the UNGA.
France's ambassador to Italy returned to Rome on Friday, more than a week after he was recalled by President Emmanuel Macron (in picture).
United Nations: French President Emmanuel Macron announced separate meetings with counterparts Donald Trump and Iran's Hassan Rouhani Monday as he tries to engineer a meeting between the two on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.
"I had an informal meeting with Trump this morning. I will see Rouhani this evening and Trump again tomorrow (Tuesday)," Macron told reporters.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lady Gaga Tweets in Sanskrit, Indian Fans Respond with 'Jai Shri Ram'
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Ranveer Singh's Super Romantic Reply to Deepika Padukone's Comment on His Photo is Winning Hearts
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony