Man Fires Shots at US Mail Sorting Facility, Takes Two as Hostage
The two hostages who had been held at a UPS mail sorting facility in Logan Township, New Jersey, were not injured and the wounded suspect was rushed to a hospital.
A New Jersey State Police helicopter prepares to land as officials respond to reports of an active shooter at a UPS facility on Monday, Jan. 14, 2019 in Logan Township, New Jersey. AP/PTI Photo
New Jersey: A standoff at a United Parcel Service Inc processing facility in southern New Jersey ended on Monday when police shot an armed man who had taken two people hostage, the company and local media reported.
The two hostages who had been held at a UPS mail sorting facility in Logan Township, New Jersey, were not injured and the wounded suspect was rushed to a hospital, NBC10 TV in Philadelphia reported.
"The matter has been resolved," the station reported Gloucester County Prosecutor Charles Fiore as saying shortly after noon (1700 GMT).
Police had earlier dispatched a SWAT team to the location after the armed man fired shots and took a woman and another person hostage, authorities and local media said.
UPS praised the police for their handling of the situation and said all of its employees were safe.
"The incident is concluded and all of the employees are accounted for and being attended to by local officials," the company said in a statement.
Recommended For You
- Gearing up For 2053 World Cup? Cricket Fans Try Viral #FaceAppChallenge on Team India
- Mission Mangal Trailer Has Akshay Kumar Leading a Team of Talented Scientists
- Hrithik Roshan, Anand Kumar Host Special Screening of Super 30 for Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Bizarre: 4-Year-Old Australian Boy Claims to be Reincarnation of Princess Diana
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain