Gunmen Kill District Governor, Son in Eastern Afghanistan
Gunmen have killed a district governor and his son in Afghanistan's eastern Paktika province.
Representative Image (Courtesy Reuters )
Kabul: Gunmen have killed a district governor and his son in Afghanistan's eastern Paktika province.
Abdul Raouf Massoud, a provincial police official, said the attack took place yesterday in the district of Shakhil Abad when Ajmal Khan was fired on in front of his house and both he and his son were killed.
Police said it was not clear who was behind the attack and no one immediately claimed responsibility.
Paktika is a remote province near the border with Pakistan where insurgent groups including the Taliban are active.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March
- Gay Penguin Parents Who Tried to Hatch Stone Get Presented With Real Egg
- Bajrang Punia to Get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 and Surface Book 2 Firmware Update Causing CPU Issues