Gunmen Kill District Governor, Son in Eastern Afghanistan
Gunmen have killed a district governor and his son in Afghanistan's eastern Paktika province.
Representative Image (Courtesy Reuters )
Kabul: Gunmen have killed a district governor and his son in Afghanistan's eastern Paktika province.
Abdul Raouf Massoud, a provincial police official, said the attack took place yesterday in the district of Shakhil Abad when Ajmal Khan was fired on in front of his house and both he and his son were killed.
Police said it was not clear who was behind the attack and no one immediately claimed responsibility.
Paktika is a remote province near the border with Pakistan where insurgent groups including the Taliban are active.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- From Nick Jonas to Her Tattoo, Priyanka Chopra Answers Most Googled Questions About Her
- Dev Movie Review: This Senseless Romantic Run is Sure to Pull Karthi Down
- High in Ireland: Island Put on Sale, Can Be Yours for a Million Pounds
- WhatsApp to Give You Option Before Being Added to Groups: Here is How to Use
- You Can Buy a Porsche, But Not Common Sense: Boating School Trolls Man After Car Ends Up In Water
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s