Hunger Games: Restaurant Owner in Austria Hurls Plates, Abuses Diners Who Complained About Order
Police in Upper Austria said they were called to a restaurant in Bad Schallerbach, about 200 kilometres (125 miles) from Vienna late Wednesday, when the owner went berserk.
This image is for representation purpose only.
Vienna: Two diners in Austria bit off more than they could chew when they dared to complain about a mix-up in their food order and were compelled to run for safety from the enraged restaurant owner, police said Thursday.
Police in Upper Austria said they were called to a restaurant in Bad Schallerbach, about 200 kilometres (125 miles) from Vienna late Wednesday, when the owner went berserk and hurled abuse -- as well as dinner plates piled with food -- at two customers who pointed out that he had got their order wrong.
"After being confronted with a complaint about an order mix-up, the 56-year-old innkeeper... threw plates and their contents in the customers' faces," the police said in statement.
The two customers -- a Hungarian and a German national aged 40 and 41 -- suffered facial bruises and a cut lip, the statement said.
The owner then turned on a group of four other diners who wanted to leave the establishment following the incident and repeatedly hit a 43-year-old man and his 71-year-old father.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 44th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android