I Don't Know Vladimir Putin: Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump has said he does not know his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, but getting along with him would be good for both the countries.
File photo of US President Donald Trump and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin. (Image: Reuters)
Washington: US President Donald Trump has said he does not know his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, but getting along with him would be good for both the countries.
"I don't know Putin, but if we can get along with Russia, that's a great thing. It's good for Russia, it's good for us," Trump told Fox News.
"We go out together and knock the hell out of ISIS, because that's the real sickness, you know the whole ISIS thing is the real sickness," he said.
"But if we get along with Russia and other -- not just we should get along with everybody if we can. Now, in some cases you won't be able to but we've got to try," Trump said in response to a question.
Trump is scheduled to talk over phone with Putin.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why