I Don't Know Vladimir Putin: Donald Trump
US President Donald Trump has said he does not know his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, but getting along with him would be good for both the countries.
File image of US President Donald Trump (L) and Russia President Vladimir Putin. (Image: Reuters)
Washington: US President Donald Trump has said he does not know his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, but getting along with him would be good for both the countries.
"I don't know Putin, but if we can get along with Russia, that's a great thing. It's good for Russia, it's good for us," Trump told Fox News.
"We go out together and knock the hell out of ISIS, because that's the real sickness, you know the whole ISIS thing is the real sickness," he said.
"But if we get along with Russia and other -- not just we should get along with everybody if we can. Now, in some cases you won't be able to but we've got to try," Trump said in response to a question.
Trump is scheduled to talk over phone with Putin.
Recommended For You
- Monster Meteorite Crater, 'Bigger Than Paris', Discovered in Greenland
- Kapil Sharma-Ginni Chatrath Pre-wedding Details Revealed, Rituals to Start From This Date
- Xiaomi Leads Indian Smartphone Market in Q3, But Phone Prices Will Continue to Rise: IDC
- Amazon Split HQ2: What is The Cost of The Investment Heading to Long Island City And Arlington?
- From His Exes to How He Told Parents About Neha Dhupia’s Pregnancy, Angad Bedi Bares It All