'If I Win Polls, Our Ambassador Stays': UK PM Contender Challenges Trump Over Envoy Spat
British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt said if he becomes Prime Minister, the ambassador, Kim Darroch, would remain in his post.
UK PM candidate Jeremy Hunt. (Image: Reuters)
London: British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt, one of the two contenders to become prime minister, challenged US President Donald Trump over his criticisms of the British ambassador to Washington whose confidential comments on Trump were leaked.
"@realDonaldTrump friends speak frankly so I will: these comments are disrespectful and wrong to our Prime Minister and my country," Hunt said on Twitter on Tuesday. "Your diplomats give their private opinions to @SecPompeo and so do ours!"
Hunt said if he becomes Prime Minister, the ambassador, Kim Darroch, would remain in his post.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display