'If I Win Polls, Our Ambassador Stays': UK PM Contender Challenges Trump Over Envoy Spat
British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt said if he becomes Prime Minister, the ambassador, Kim Darroch, would remain in his post.
UK PM candidate Jeremy Hunt. (Image: Reuters)
London: British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt, one of the two contenders to become prime minister, challenged US President Donald Trump over his criticisms of the British ambassador to Washington whose confidential comments on Trump were leaked.
"@realDonaldTrump friends speak frankly so I will: these comments are disrespectful and wrong to our Prime Minister and my country," Hunt said on Twitter on Tuesday. "Your diplomats give their private opinions to @SecPompeo and so do ours!"
Hunt said if he becomes Prime Minister, the ambassador, Kim Darroch, would remain in his post.
Recommended For You
- Actress Shobha, Known for Her Role in Magalu Janaki, Dies In Car Accident
- Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao Meet in London, She Says ‘Jahan Main Jaati Hu Wahi Chale Aate Ho’
- Meet ‘Khoj,’ the Most Expensive Member of CISF’s Dog Squad for Protecting Delhi Metro
- YouTube Music Now Lets Your Switch Between a Song And Its Music Video With a Single Tap
- MH370 Disappearance: Mysterious 90 Kg Load Added to Cargo List After Takeoff