IMF Names American Economist David Lipton as Interim Leader, Replacing Christine Lagarde
Christine Lagarde, who has been nominated for the position of the president of the European Central Bank, decided to temporarily relinquish her duties as the IMF managing director.
Christine Lagarde with David Lipton. (Image : Reuters).
Washington: American economist David Lipton will serve as interim leader of the International Monetary Fund, replacing Christine Lagarde who was nominated to head the European Central Bank, the IMF board announced Tuesday.
"We accept Ms Lagarde's decision to relinquish her IMF responsibilities temporarily during the nomination period," the board said.
"We have full confidence in First Deputy Managing Director David Lipton as Acting Managing Director of the IMF."
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel
- Alia Bhatt Shares BTS Video of Her Moving into Her Own Home in New YouTube Vlog
- Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao Meet in London, She Says ‘Jahan Main Jaati Hu Wahi Chale Aate Ho’
- He Gives Me So Much Respect, Sometimes I Feel Embarrassed, Says Kareena Kapoor on Diljit Dosanjh
- Ab de Villiers Marks T20 Blast Debut with Scintillating Knock at Lord’s