Imran Khan Congratulates Sri Lanka's New President Gotabaya Rajapaksa, Invites Him to Visit Pakistan
Imran Khan said that the election reflected the trust reposed by the Sri Lankan people in the leadership and vision of Rajapaksa, according to a statement.
File photo of Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday telephoned newly-elected Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa to congratulate him on his electoral win and invited him to visit the country.
Rajapaksa stormed to victory in Sri Lanka's presidential elections, the results of which came on Sunday.
Khan said that the election reflected the trust reposed by the Sri Lankan people in the leadership and vision of Rajapaksa, according to a statement.
The Prime Minister hoped that the country and its people would achieve greater success and prosperity under President Gotabaya's stewardship.
The excellent Pakistan Sri Lanka bilateral relations were also discussed, the statement said.
The two leaders reciprocated each other's desire to further fortify bilateral cooperation in diverse areas.
The Prime Minister extended a cordial invitation to Rajapaksa to visit Pakistan at his earliest convenience.
President Rajapaksa accepted the invitation, according to the statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Alia Bhatt is So Successful as She Didn't Inherit a Genetic Flaw from Our Father, Says Pooja Bhatt
- Bigg Boss 13: Mahira Sharma Should Play Independently, Says Her Mother
- Bigg Boss 13: Sidharth Shukla Down With Typhoid, Undergoing Treatment
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash