Indian-American Jailed for Stealing From Employer
A 45-year-old Indian-American has been sentenced to 20 months in prison for defrauding a bank and stealing more than USD 484,000 from his employer.
Houston: A 45-year-old Indian-American has been sentenced to 20 months in prison for defrauding a bank and stealing more than USD 484,000 from his employer.
Andhavarapu, who was living in Conroe in Texas, was sentenced to 20 months in prison and 3 years of supervised release for stealing more than USD 484,000 from Weatherford and its subsidiary EProduction Solutions.
The FBI conducted the investigation.
US District Judge Keith P Ellison, who accepted the guilty plea, said Andhavarapu abused a position of trust as a financial controller which facilitated his commission of the crime.
Andhavarapu then stole refund cheques made out to and belonging to his employer and deposited them in the accounts he had created.
As part of his plea, Andhavarapu admitted he stole a total of USD 484,873.
He will remain in custody pending transfer to a US Bureau of Prisons facility to be determined at a later date, the statement said.
Recommended For You
- Sanju: This is Why Aamir Refused to Play Ranbir's Father in Sanjay Dutt Biopic
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ First Impressions Review: A Complete Package
- Royal Wedding: 5 Things You Probably Didn't Notice at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Nuptials
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Did Shahid Kapoor Just Find His Leading Lady in This Student Of The Year?
- Andres Iniesta Bows Out With Barcelona Win Thanks to Brilliant Philippe Coutinho Strike