Prince Harry and Meghan Break Instagram Record, Become Fastest to Hit 1 Million Fans
Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, call their new account 'sussexroyal". They say it'll be used for important announcements.
File photo of Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. (Image: Reuters)
London: Pay no attention to Hollywood stars or pop idols. When it comes to Instagram, it seems no one can match the allure of a youthful royal couple expecting their first child.
Guinness World Records said Wednesday that a new Instagram account opened by Prince Harry and his wife Meghan is the fastest ever to gain 1 million followers.
The account, which was opened Tuesday, reached the 1 million mark in under six hours, easily beating a record held by Korean pop sensation Kang Daniel. It has since grown to 2.6 million.
Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, call their new account "sussexroyal". They say it'll be used for important announcements.
Interest in the account has likely been spurred by the fact that Meghan is expected to give birth in late April or early May.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Preorders Are Already Sold Out on Amazon And Flipkart
- An Apple Watch Saved This Man’s Life by Calling For Help After a Bad Fall
- 'Cruelest Twist of Fate': Man Drowns While Proposing to His Girlfriend Underwater
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships