Iran Breached Uranium Enrichment Cap: Nuclear Agency Confirms
Inspectors of the International Atomic Energy Agency on 8 July verified that Iran is enriching uranium above 3.67 per ent U-235
File Photo of Iran President Hassan Rouhani. (Reuters)
Vienna: The UN's nuclear watchdog confirmed Monday that Iran has enriched uranium at a level higher than the limit set in a 2015 international pact.
Inspectors of the International Atomic Energy Agency "on 8 July verified that Iran is enriching uranium above 3.67 per ent U-235," the IAEA said in a statement hours after Tehran said it had exceeded the agreed cap and reached 4.5 per cent enrichment in response to the United States withdrawing from the deal.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Shehnaz Gill Claimed She Would Not Fake a Relationship for the Show
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- Fortnite Season 10 Ends With a Bang And Darkness, But What Exactly Happened?