Iran Grants India Consular Access to 18 Crew on Board British Vessel Captured in Persian Gulf
Indian Embassy in Tehran was granted consular access to meet the 18 Indian crew of the detained British ship Stena Impero.
Stena Impero, a British-flagged vessel owned by Stena Bulk, is seen at Bander Abass port, in this undated handout photo. (Image: Reuters)
London: Iran granted India consular access to 18 Indian crew members of the detailed British vessel Stena Impero, the Iranian ambassador to Britain said.
"Indian Embassy in Tehran was granted consular access to meet the 18 Indian crew of the detained British ship Stena Impero," Hamid Baeidinejad said.
"Similar access is underway to other five crew from other nationalities. Indian embassy has reported to find the crew being very calm with no sense of panic."
Iran's Revolutionary Guards seized the British-flagged tanker last Friday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Taking a Sneak Peek into 13 Reasons Why Season 3, Find Out Who Killed Bryce Walker?
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March
- Bajrang Punia to Get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it