Iran to Blacklist US Military if Washington Designates Revolutionary Guards as Terrorists: Report
The United States is expected to designate Iran's Revolutionary Guards a foreign terrorist organisation, marking the first time Washington has formally labeled another country's military a terrorist group.
Combination photo of Donald Trump and Hassan Rouhani.
Dubai: Iran may put the U.S. military on its terror list if Washington designates the Iranian elite Revolutionary Guards as terrorists, a senior Iranian lawmaker said on Saturday.
The United States is expected to designate the Revolutionary Guards a foreign terrorist organisation, three U.S. officials told Reuters, marking the first time Washington has formally labeled another country's military a terrorist group.
"If the Revolutionary Guards are placed on America's list of terrorist groups, we will put that country's military on the terror blacklist next to Daesh (Islamic State)," Heshmatollah Falahatpisheh, head of parliament's national security committee, said on Twitter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- 'Cruelest Twist of Fate': Man Drowns While Proposing to His Girlfriend Underwater
- Sacramento Kings vs Indiana Pacers: The NBA Game That May Bring Donald Trump to India Next Month
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes