Iran Warns Britain Over 'Illegal' Seizure of its Oil Tanker, Says 'Move Will Be Detrimental'
British forces captured an Iranian oil tanker in early July near Gibraltar, accused of violating sanctions on Syria.
Geneva: Britain's seizure of an Iranian oil tanker off Gibraltar was illegal and will be detrimental for Britain, Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday, according to the official presidency website.
British forces captured an Iranian oil tanker in early July near Gibraltar, accused of violating sanctions on Syria. On July 19, Iranian commandos seized a British-flagged tanker in the Strait of Hormuz, the world’s most important waterway for oil shipments.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Jio Effect: Airtel V-Fiber Offers up to 1000GB Free Data & Plans Start at Rs 799
- Shah Rukh Khan, Emraan Hashmi Share the Perfect Chemistry in The Bard of Blood Teaser
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- World Badminton Championships: B Sai Praneeth Enter Quarters, HS Prannoy Loses