Iran Offers to Mediate as Tensions Soar After Pakistan Captures IAF Pilot
Zarif is expected to speak to his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj soon, too.
File image of Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. (Image: Reuters)
London: Iranian foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif spoke on Wednesday on phone with his Pakistani counterpart, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, and offered mediation between India and Pakistan, after rising tensions between the two countries.
Zarif, whose Monday's resignation was rejected by Rouhani on Wednesday, urge both countries to practice restraint, the semi-official news agency ISNA reported. ISNA said Zarif is going to speak to his Indian counterpart as well, but did not specify any date.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Edge 2 Review: The Game Gets Murkier and More Thrilling
- Bigg Boss 13: Mahira Sharma Should Play Independently, Says Her Mother
- Emma Stone, Boyfriend Dave McCarry are Engaged
- Reliance Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone Idea: All The New Prepaid Plans Compared
- Instagram Will Verify How Old The New Users Are, But Age is Just a Number