Iran Offers to Mediate as Tensions Soar After Pakistan Captures IAF Pilot
Zarif is expected to speak to his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj soon, too.
File image of Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. (Image: Reuters)
London: Iranian foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif spoke on Wednesday on phone with his Pakistani counterpart, Shah Mahmood Qureshi, and offered mediation between India and Pakistan, after rising tensions between the two countries.
Zarif, whose Monday's resignation was rejected by Rouhani on Wednesday, urge both countries to practice restraint, the semi-official news agency ISNA reported. ISNA said Zarif is going to speak to his Indian counterpart as well, but did not specify any date.
Recommended For You
- Prabhas Expresses Happiness on Chandrayaan-2 Launch, Talks About 'Baahubali' Connection
- ISRO's 'Akshay Kumar' Fan Moment is Adorable but the List is Incomplete Without Jaadu
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Rhea Chakraborty Spotted Together By the Beach, Get Clicked with Fans
- German Woman Tries to Buy Audi Car with 'Monopoly' Money, Gets Busted