Iran's President Calls White House ‘Mentally Retarded', Dismisses New US Sanctions
In a speech broadcast live on state television, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani described the latest round of sanctions as a sign of US desperation.
File photo of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani. (Image: Reuters)
Dubai: Iranian President Hassan Rouhani dismissed new United States sanctions on Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and described the White House as "mentally retarded", an insult Iran has used in the past about President Donald Trump.
In a speech broadcast live on state television, Rouhani said sanctions against Khamenei would fail because he had no assets abroad. Rouhani described the latest round of sanctions as a sign of U.S. desperation.
"The White House actions mean it is mentally retarded," he said. "Tehran's strategic patience does not mean we have fear."
Recommended For You
- ICC Have Run Out of Patience With Zimbabwe Cricket: Grant Flower
- Sophie Turner, Joe Jonas Give the Biggest Shout-out to Priyanka Chopra Jonas on Her Birthday
- WWE Star Triple H Has a Special Gift for the Cricket World Cup Winning Team England
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8