Israeli Forces Kill Knife-Wielding Palestinian Girl at West Bank-Jerusalem Checkpoint
According to the Palestinian side, assailants lashed out in frustration at Israeli restrictions while Israelis say that the attacks are fuelled by incitement and sometimes motivated by assailants' personal problems.
Israeli forces gather near the dead body of a Palestinian woman at the scene of an incident at a checkpoint, east of Jerusalem .
Ramallah, West Bank: Israeli forces shot dead a 16-year-old Palestinian girl who tried to carry out a stabbing attack at a checkpoint between the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem on Wednesday, police said.
Palestinian officials identified the dead girl as a resident of the Palestinian city of Ramallah.
There have been sporadic Palestinian street attacks on Israelis since U.S-brokered peace talks broke down in 2014.
Palestinians say assailants lash out in frustration at Israeli restrictions. Israel says the attacks are fuelled by incitement and sometimes motivated by assailants' personal problems.
Yoram Halevi, Israel's Jerusalem police chief, said the Palestinian girl "whipped out a knife and tried to stab" security staff at al-Zaim checkpoint, and was shot.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Angad Bedi is All Praise for Ex-flame Nora Fatehi
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- Climate Change Not Asteroid Strike Killed Dinosaurs, Says New Study