It Rained Dollars, Riyals and Cell Phones at Pakistani Wedding
As the news of the groom's largesse spread, more residents of Khanpur rushed to the wedding to avail the opportunity.
A video showing the groom's family standing at the top of a bus and throwing gifts towards the guests. (Photo: YouTube grab)
A groom in Pakistan made his marriage memorable by showering guests with dollars, riyals and brand new cell phones, according to a media report.
Mohammad Arshad of Shujabad area of Multan married a woman in Khanpur in Punjab province. When his family reached the bride's residence, they started giving away dollars, riyals and cell phones to the guests waiting for their arrival, the Express Tribune reported.
A video clip showed that the groom's family standing at a raised platform and hurling the gifts at the guests, who frantically leapt about to grab whatever they could lay their hand on.
The same clip also showed them standing at the top of a bus and throwing gifts towards the guests.
The paper reported that as the news spread, more residents of Khanpur rushed to the wedding to avail the opportunity.
By the time the "rain" was over, almost every guest had something to show for their efforts.
The groom has eight brothers, four of them live in the US and the others in Saudi Arabia.
Recommended For You
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right