Items Seized from Premises Linked to Malaysia Ex-PM Worth up to $273 Million: Police
"The total cost of all the items, the retail price, will be touching 910 (million) to 1.1 billion ringgit," Amar Singh, the police's head of commercial crime, told a press conference.
File photo of former Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak. (Photo: Reuters)
Kuala Lumpur: Items seized from six premises linked to ousted Malaysian leader Najib Razak, including cash, a vast stash of jewellery and luxury handbags, are worth up to $273 million, police said on Wednesday.
"The total cost of all the items, the retail price, will be touching 910 (million) to 1.1 billion ringgit," Amar Singh, the police's head of commercial crime, told a press conference. That is equivalent to $225 million to $273 million.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- DDCA to Name Stand After Virat Kohli in Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
- Did 'Sacred Games' 2 Have an Obvious, Glaring Error in its Season Finale Episode?
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March