Japan Says South Korea Move to Remove Its Fast-track Trade Status 'Regrettable'
Earlier in the day, South Korea said it had approved plans to drop Japan from its 'white list' of countries with fast-track trade status.
A South Korean protester holds a banner to denouncing the Japanese government's decision on their exports to South Korea in front of the Japanese embassy in Seoul (AP)
Tokyo: Japan on Wednesday said South Korea's decision to remove Tokyo's fast-track trade status without sufficient explanation was "regrettable", as a diplomatic and trade row between the two Asian neighbours and US allies deepened.
Earlier in the day, South Korea said it had approved plans to drop Japan from its "white list" of countries with fast-track trade status. The decision, which wasn't accompanied by sufficient explanation, was "regrettable", Isshu Sugawara, the minister of economy, trade and industry, said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Alia Bhatt on Kalank's Box Office Failure: Didn’t Think We Were Going to be Hit by a Truck
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz