Japanese PM Abe Wants Economic Deal With European Union Soon
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Sunday that the European Union and Japan should soon reach an economic deal, and stressed the importance of free trade to his country.
Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe speaks during his ruling Liberal Democratic Party's (LDP) annual party convention in Tokyo on March 5, 2017. (REUTERS)
Hanover: Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Sunday that the European Union and Japan should soon reach an economic deal, and stressed the importance of free trade to his country.
"We must conclude an economic partnership agreement between Japan and the EU at an early time," Abe said at the opening of the CeBIT technology fair in Hanover, northern Germany.
He also said: "Japan, having gone through reaping in abundance the benefits of free trade and investment, wants to be the champion upholding open systems alongside Germany."
Recommended For You
- IPL 2018: Rohit Sharma Looks to Re-write Records Against Rajasthan
- The Tippling Point | Jagermeister, the Hunters' Poison Has Many a Myth Attached to it
- The Trio of Sara Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Dimple Kapadia Looks Glamorous In This Photo
- Photos From Milind Soman, Ankita Konwar's Mehendi Ceremony Will Make You Want To Attend One
- Bollywood Star Jacqueline Fernandez Gifts Make-Up Artist Jeep Compass SUV – Watch Video