Judge Dismisses Trump Lawsuit Against New York Officials over Tax Returns
The suit sought an injunction to block the application of a New York state law that could allow the Democratic-controlled House to obtain the returns.
File photo of US President Donald Trump.
Washington: A federal judge in Washington has dismissed a lawsuit from President Donald Trump against New York officials aimed at preventing the release of his tax returns.
The judge ruled that the US District Court in Washington, DC, does not have jurisdiction to hear the case.
Trump sued New York's attorney general, tax commissioner and the House and Ways Means Committee in July. The suit sought an injunction to block the application of a New York state law that could allow the Democratic-controlled House to obtain the returns.
New York officials had agreed to delay acting on a congressional request for Trump's tax returns until there was a ruling on jurisdiction. But Trump could file a similar lawsuit in another court.
Trump's lawyer Jay Sekulow says he's reviewing the ruling.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media
- I-League 2019-20: Mohun Bagan Condemned to Defeat at Home by Clinical Churchill Brothers
- Ekta Kapoor Hints Return of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein with Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting