Kamala Harris to Decide on 2020 US Presidential Run Over Holidays
Kamala Harris ranked fifth in a November poll of Democratic voters' preferred nominee to take on President Donald Trump's re-election bid.
File photo Kamala Harris. (Photo: Reuters)
San Francisco: Democrat Kamala Harris, the first Indian-American to serve in the US Senate, said she will make a decision about a potential 2020 presidential bid during the upcoming holiday season.
"It will ultimately be a family decision," Harris, who represents the state of California, told MSNBC during an event in San Francisco.
"And over the holiday, I will make that decision with my family."
Harris, 54, was elected to the Senate in 2016.
She ranked fifth in a November poll of Democratic voters' preferred nominee to take on President Donald Trump's re-election bid, Politico news reported on Sunday.
Harris has sent $25,000 to the Democratic parties in four early nominating states: Iowa, South Carolina, Nevada and New Hampshire.
In October, she visited Iowa, South Carolina and Wisconsin to campaign for Democratic candidates ahead of the midterm elections.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.