Knew PM Modi Would Use Pulwama to Create War Hysteria, Says Imran Khan
Khan also asserted his the crackdown on terror infrastructure was something that his country had not seen and that he was doing it not just for other countries but for Pakistan's own good too.
File photo of Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan.
New Delhi: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has said his country was fairly certain that India would use the Pulwama attack to create war hysteria considering the elections.
“We were apprehensive that some incident will happen (since elections are near) and when Pulwama happened, we knew the Modi govt would use this to create war hysteria,” he said in an interview to Financial Times.
Talking further, he said both countries were nuclear armed and Pakistan would have had to retaliate if it had gone further than what happened — jets violating airspace and throwing a few bombs.
“Then God knows where it would have got to,” he added. Khan also asserted his the crackdown on terror infrastructure was something that his country had not seen and that he was doing it not just for other countries but for Pakistan's own good too.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday's First Looks From Pati Patni Aur Woh Revealed
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work