Legal Measure, Says Iran on Seizure of UK-flagged Tanker in Gulf Water
The officials said the measure was required to ensure region's security.
Representational Image. (Reuters)
Tehran: Iran's seizure of a British-flagged oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz was a "legal measure", the spokesman for the Islamic republic's government said on Monday.
"Seizing the British tanker was a legal measure by Iran. Iran confronted the ship (to ensure) the region's security," Ali Rabiei told a news conference in Tehran.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Sonam Kapoor Shares Views on Kashmir Situation, Says 'Even This Too Shall Pass'
- Netflix Reveals Why Pankaj Tripathi Was the Perfect Choice for 'Guruji' in 'Sacred Games' 2
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead